Looking for a study skills tutor near you? Finding that you or your child is struggling in school and think that a study skills tutor might help? Perhaps your child is smart, but isn’t applying himself. Maybe he finishes his assignments, but forgets to hand them in. Sound familiar? This is where a study skills tutor who is trained to understand the frustration can cut through the clutter and make learning fun and easy again.
SEARCH FOR OTHER TUTORS?
Best Study Skills Tutors Near You:
Kristin S. Leesburg VA.
Master English Teacher and Reading/ELL/GED Tutor
Hello! Thank you for viewing my tutoring profile! I am a Virginia licensed teacher in 9-12 English, K-12 ESL, and K-12 Reading with 21 years of high school teaching experience. After graduating from James Madison University and completing my student teaching, I taught 9th grade English in Fairfax County for five years and in Loudoun County for seven years. I completed my Master's Degree in Reading through Shenandoah University in 2011 and am a licensed K-12 Reading Specialist. I have been a H... Read more
Vocabulary, Reading, Writing, English, ESL/ESOL, Literature, GED, Study Skills
Vanessa M. Ashburn VA.
Spanish (from Spain) all ages, goals // Executive function, ADHD Coach
I was born in Madrid, Spain. I am trilingual, in Spanish, English and German. I left Spain for my last year of college and went to Germany on an Erasmus scholarship to then graduate in tourism management. I liked the experience so much that I ended up living and working there! Years later I moved to the US. I have always loved tutoring and teaching, I have been teaching since I was in college, in Madrid, and also in Germany when I lived there. I have tutored privately but also at a school. I... Read more
Grammar, Spanish, Study Skills, ESL/ESOL, Elementary (K-6th)
Kelly C. Herndon VA.
Elementary Math is my specialty!
Hi! My name is Kelly and I'd love to help your child succeed in the subject of math. I have been teaching for 30 years and have a knack for explaining concepts in "plain English" so students can understand. I, myself, am a visual learner so I love to teach with manipulatives and real-life, hands-on materials. I homeschooled both my daughters and my oldest one is now a teacher herself! I taught many math classes in homeschool co-ops but before that I taught kindergarten and, later, 5th and 6... Read more
Vocabulary, Grammar, Prealgebra, Reading, English, ESL/ESOL, Spelling, Elementary Math
- Study skills course for high school students
- Middle school study skills class
- College study skills course material
- Online study skills course or at home study skills tutoring
Here are some areas where our study skills tutors are able to assist a student:
- If struggling across the board in all subjects.
- Struggling in a specific subject
- Students that are highly social and extremely busy.
- Stressed out, disorganized, and procrastinating students.
- Athletes or performers who juggle school with road trips and practices and sometimes it’s overwhelming.
- Students with ADD/ADHD or a learning disability.
- Average B’s or C’s and who are looking to bump it up a level.
- High-achievers, honor students, or perfectionists that want to keep it up.
- Students struggling through a transition year such as to middle or high school.
To begin, check out our tutor listings and just send them a message and begin improving your grades today! We make it easy and fast to get help. You also are not billed for the 1st hour if there’s not a fit – That’s all part of our good fit guarantee! But with our tools, reviews and confidential conversations with tutors before starting, we’re sure you can find a private tutor that will help you reach your goals beginning now!