Math is one of the most challenging, yet essential school subjects we have ever encountered. It teaches us how to work through logical reasoning, solve problems on many levels, and is a big part of all careers revolving around the large and ever-growing STEM field.
While some may enjoy solving math problems and others may not, it’s safe to say that everyone has one specific math subject they like better than the rest, whether it be geometry or calculus. PrivateTutoringAtHome partnered with analysts at Learner, a leading online tutoring platform, to find out which math subject is each state’s favorite. Check out our map and table below with the results!
Interesting Facts and Findings:
- Geometry is the favorite subject in the nation overall—it ranked in the top spot for 26 states
- Every odd number is spelled with at least one “e” in it
- Trigonometry was the favorite in only one state (Maryland), making it the least popular in the United States
- “Forty” is the only number spelling with all the letters in alphabetical order
- A few states had ties between two math subject, but one state had a three-way tie! Maryland loves math so much that they couldn’t decide between calculus, geometry, and trigonometry
We analyzed five common high-level math subjects in Google Trends to find out which was the favorite in every state. The data we looked at surrounded these five math subjects:
|District of Columbia||Statistics|