Welcome to Our Vocabulary Tutors!
Students are learning more and more at earlier ages. English has the largest vocabulary of any of the 2,700 languages spoken on Earth. The Oxford English Dictionary approximately 171,000 +/- words but over 600,000 words and word phrases. That’s where a private vocabulary tutor can assist! They can work with you or your child in several areas and at the student’s level.
Just some of the areas where a tutor can help include:
- Determining the meaning of a word based on its use
- Learning to sort familiar words into categories based on their meaning (for example, colors, shapes, etc.)
- Recognizing base words and their inflections (for example, cook, cooks, cooked, cooking)
- Identify the words that make up a contraction
- Understand compound words
- Identify common synonyms, antonyms, and homonyms
- Use knowledge of the root of a word to determine its meaning
- Analyze words for roots and affixes, including Greek and Latin roots
Depending upon the student’s grade and level, a vocabulary tutor can assist in class prep, homework, study and test review & preparation. It doesn’t take long for a student to feel more comfortable and confident in their vocabulary skills and abilities.
We make it simple to get started! To begin improving your grades today, check out our tutor listings and just send them a message to learn more and see if there’s a fit. We make it easy and fast to get help. You also are not billed for the 1st hour if there’s not a fit. But with our tools, reviews and confidential conversations with tutors before starting, we’re sure you can find a private tutor that will help you reach your goals beginning now!